Registration is closed.
Join Phoenix business leaders for this valuable workshop offered by the City of Phoenix Neighborhood Service Department in collaboration with City of Phoenix Community & Economic Development Department. Get the training and skills you need to manage and update your company website with confidence.
Note: this workshop is available to Phoenix businesses only.
LEARN WORDPRESS, ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS
Click HERE to view downloadable PDF flyer
DATE & TIME
Select One: April 12th OR April 13th, 2018
No Cost to Eligible Phoenix Businesses*
Business & Workforce Development Center
302 N 1st Ave, 6th Floor
Phoenix, Arizona 85003
8:30AM – Check-in and Networking
9:00AM – WordPress Training
11:45AM – Lunch on Your Own
1:00PM – SEO & Digital Marketing Training
4:00PM – Close
*Who is Eligible?
- Businesses located in the City of Phoenix, AZ
- Been in business for 2-3 years
- Expecting to hire at least one new employee in the next 2 years
- Limited to 10 businesses per workshop day
- Bring a laptop
– What theme is used on your website?- Where can you find the instructions for it?
– Adding Pages and Posts
– Main Navigation / Menu Management
– Word Press Settings
– Media Management
– Managing Plugins
– Managing Widget Areas
– WordPress Crisis Management
SEO and Digital Marketing Training Details:
– Identify and Recognize SEO scams and rampant efforts to confuse consumers within seemingly legitimate SEO service agencies.
– Understand Google’s organic search results goals.
– Review live examples of successful SEO strategies implemented by local businesses.
– It’s not just about content creation -understand the critical elements of digital content structure, keywords, and non-paid content promotion.
– Create a custom SEO strategy with detailed steps.
– Be able to answer important questions such as:
- How important are inbound links to website ranking?
- How do I get organic (free) search traffic?
- Does social media activity have any impact on SEO?
– Overview of free and paid resources to support digital marketing in the areas of : Social Media, Email Marketing, and Email List Building.
Instructor: Emily Journey
Biography: Emily Journey travels through the United states as a speaker and trainer to Marketing teams, IT Departments, and business Leaders/Owners on the topics of digital selling, WordPress and SEO.
She is the author of Unlocking WordPress and began developing websites professionally in 2010 and began offering WordPress instruction in 2012. She now provides WordPress and Digital Marketing training fulltime.
As an entrepreneur and business owner, she enjoys helping others business owners leverage technology to increase sales and social impact. She is originally from Phoenix and returns as often as possible.